Cookies are small text files that a website downloads onto your computer or other internet-enabled devices (such as mobile phones and tablets) when you visit a website. The cookies will help the website recognise your device the next time you visit.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering your preferences, measuring your activity and optimising your user experience.
Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you. Instead, they will collect more general information such as your general location or how you arrive at and use our websites.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Always active
- Targeting cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Generally, our cookies perform three different functions:
Enabling our websites to function properly
Analysing visitor behaviour
Optimising and personalising
Cookies are also used to optimise the webpages that you visit, and to personalise the content that we show you across all our digital assets, based on what we understand about your requirements.
You can control whether to accept cookies or not. If you decide to not accept cookies, some features and services on our websites will not function properly.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies you can either:
- Change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or
- Set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies.
- Reject all cookies in the pop-up.
- Select preferences for sharing a specific type of cookies.
Cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out details about you. The cookie will only indicate that someone using the computer has visited the ADIB website.
We use email analytics and reporting tools to see how many of our emails are opened and which links on the ADIB website receives the most clicks.
We maintain strict security protocols to prevent unauthorized access to information about you. ADIB will never contact you by email or otherwise to ask you to validate personal information such as your user ID, password, or account numbers. If you receive such a request, please call us on 600 543216 (within UAE) and +9712 6100600 (outside UAE).